Transfer Student Academic Advising
Our advising team is available to help you reach your academic goals. The team serves a diverse group of students including those who are new, transferring, international, and current students.
As a transfer student, you will want to spend some time preparing for your first appointment so you can get the most out of your advising meeting.
Use these guidelines to prepare for your advising meeting:
- Review the four year plan for your program, and write down questions you might have
- Prepare a list of courses you would like to take, and bring that with you
- Think about the courses you are currently taking as well as your student life. Do not hesitate to talk about the any struggles you might have with your academic and student life. Our advisors are here to help you succeed.
- If you are considering an internship, or have other academic ideas you would like to pursue, it is a good idea to talk about these future plans. Your advisor can help prepare you for the steps needed to reach these goals.
- Look at your long-term plan for courses. You don't want to have any surprises that could prevent you from graduating when you want to.
- Most important, be open and honest. If you are dealing with personal issues that are impacting your academic achievement, let your advisor know. He or she can help, or get you the resources you need. Your advisor cares about you as an individual and will go out of the way to ensure your goals are met.