CALLING ALL ENGINEERING STUDENT LEADERS!
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BECOME A PEER MENTOR FOR THE 2012-13 ACADEMIC YEAR.
INFORMATION SESSION & INTERVIEWS:
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4, 2012
7:00 p.m., Othmer 110
Peer mentors assist first-year students in their transition to university life by sharing their experiences and advice. As a peer mentor, you will have the satisfaction of helping someone succeed as a Nebraska Engineering student. The peer mentor program is a semester-long commitment that begins Tuesday, Aug. 17 and will end after the fall 2010 semester.
- Assist students with time management and study skills
- Act as an academic and campus resource
- Encourage student developmental opportunities (i.e. study abroad, research, & internships & co-ops)
- Attend weekly Engineering Peer Mentor meetings
- Build community in the college through coordinating large scale social programs
Engineering Peer Mentors (EPM)