Bruce Dvorak, Ph.D., P.E.
Office: N114 SEC, Lincoln, NE 68588-0531
Research Areas: Environmental Engineering, Physical-chemical treatment processes (adsorption processes), Pollution prevention/environmental sustainability.
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
M.S., Environmental Health Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1990
B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1987
- Fulbright Scholar Fellowship, Czech Fulbright Commission, 2010
- Samuel Arnold Greeley Award, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2009
- Environmental Education Award, Lincoln and Lancaster County Environmental Awards, 2009
- Hollings Teaching/Advising/Mentoring Award, UNL College of Engineering, 2009
- Recognition Award for Contributions to Students, UNL Parents Association, 2008
- Olsson Associates Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, UNL Dept. of Civil Engineering, 2007, 2003, 1999
- Hollings Master Teacher Award, UNL, 2005
- Interdisciplinary Research Award, UNL College of Engineering, 1999
CIVE 326 – Introduction to Environmental Engineering
CIVE 327 – Environmental Engineering Laboratory
CIVE 823 – Physical/Chemical Treatment Processes
Dvorak, BI, Stewart, BA, Hosni, A, Hawkey, SA, and Nelsen, V (2011) Intensive Environmental Sustainability Education: Long-Term Impacts on Workplace Behavior, Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice (ASCE), May/April.
Denning, P., and Dvorak, B.I. (2009) "Maximizing Sorbent Life: Comparison of Columns in Parallel, Lead- Lag Series, and with Bypass Blending," Water Env. Research, 81(2) 206-216.
Dvorak, B.I., Morley, M. and Denning, P. (2008) "Relative Impact on GAC Usage Rates of Operating Strategies for Treatment of a Contaminated Groundwater", Practice Periodical of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste Management (ASCE) 12(2) 1-10.
Youngblood, D.J., Dvorak, B.I., Woldt, W.E., Hawkey, S.A., Hygnstrom, J.R. (2008) "Quantifying and Comparing a P2 Program's Benefits: Pollution Prevention Technical Assistance in Nebraska", Journal of Cleaner Production, 16(6) 761-770.
Youngblood, D.J., Dvorak, B.I., and Hawkey, S.A. (2008) "Indirect Benefits of P2 Suggestions Overlooked by Traditional Success Metric Accounting", Journal of Cleaner Production, 16(6) 771-779.
Reinsch, C.T., Admiraal, D.M., Dvorak, B.I., Cecrle, C.A., Franti, T.G., and Stansbury, J.S. (2007) "Yard Waste Compost as a Storm Water Protection Treatment for Construction Sites," Water Environment Research, 79(8), 868-876.
Rodriguez-Fuentes, R., Hilts, B., and Dvorak, B. (2005) "Disinfection By-Product Precursor Adsorption as A Function Of GAC Properties: A Case Study," Journal of Env. Eng., ASCE, 131(10), 825-832.