Nebraska Undergraduates Becoming Engineers
This overnight retreat gives new engineering students a head start in their transition to college. N.U.B.E. camp provides incoming first-year students the opportunity to meet fellow classmates, faculty, and staff. There will be a variety of social and interactive team-building activities, and resourceful information given by current students, faculty, and staff.
When is N.U.B.E. Camp?
Students start camp on their respective campus on Wednesday, Aug. 21. During this time, students will participate in pre-camp activities designated by their respective campus. Then, Lincoln and Omaha students, faculty and staff will board buses and meet in the middle at Camp Kitaki in Louisville for over 24 hours of outdoor adventures and team-building exercises. Students return to their home campus the evening of Thursday, Aug. 22 and will be responsible for their own dinner.
What will I do there?
- Meet your engineering classmates
- Meet engineering faculty and staff
- Learn about campus resources
- Get invaluable advice from current students and faculty
- Participate in challenging activities that will inspire you on your college journey Have fun!
Is there a fee?
A fee of $90.00 will be collected. The fee covers meals, housing, transportation, and program materials.
How do I sign up?
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted in the College of Engineering on either the Omaha or Lincoln campus.
- Be enrolled in the College of Engineering and registered for classes before August 1, 2013.
- Register here.
- Send $90 check or money order (made payable to UNL College of Engineering) to:
UNL College of Engineering
Lincoln, NE 68588
- Online application deadline: Thursday, July 25, 2013
- Waiver form and $90 payment deadline: Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- No refunds for the application fee.
- No exceptions made for late entries.
A fee will be assessed to you through the housing department for early check-in. Please give yourself enough time to move into your room so you can arrive at pre-N.U.B.E. Camp activities as outlined in the itinerary.
Out-of-town students signed up to live on campus in either Scott Hall, University Village or Maverick Village who would like to move in before August 21 should contact your residence hall director by July 26, 2013 to schedule an early move in. You may be charged a fee for each day.
If you are signed up to live in a residence hall on the Lincoln campus and would like to move in before Aug. 22 at 8 a.m., please indicate on the online registration form if you plan to move in Aug. 20 or 21. You may not move into the residence halls earlier than August 20. We will notify the housing department of your early arrival.
You must complete an early check-in form at the front desk of your residence hall when you arrive and indicate that you are with “N.U.B.E. Camp”. Your early move-in fee will be billed to your UNL student account.
The fee for the UNL residence hall early move-in is $24 per night for single and double rooms.
If you have any questions about your housing contract or the early move-in process, contact UNL housing: (402) 472-3561 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
N.U.B.E. Camp Contacts
Director of Retention
Assistant Director of College Relations / Student Programs
INFORMATION / FORMS
Camp Information & Forms
- Student Code of Conduct
- Parental Waiver Form
- Image Release Form (Under 19)
- Image Release Form (19 and over)
- What should I pack for camp? Supply List
- Camp Kitaki
- Camp Kitaki Retreat Guide