NFL Detroit Lions defensive player Ndamukong Suh—Nebraska Engineering alumnus and former Husker standout--returned to campus to introduce Matthew Stier of Blair as the first recipient of the scholarship Suh established with the UNL College of Engineering. Learn more ...
The UNL College of Engineering celebrated Spring 2013 commencement in ceremonies at Lincoln and Omaha campuses, May 3-4, with several honors prominent. The weather was challenging for some of the events planned in outdoor settings, but the graduates' achievements shined brightly. Read more ...
Steve Parkison, a junior electrical engineering major at UNL, was chosen to receive a Goldwater Scholarship. Each year, about 300 college sophomores and juniors--aspiring scientists, mathematicians and engineers--receive this honor nationwide, with awards up to $7,500 a year for educational expenses. Parkison has conducted research in UNL's Mobile Communication and Coding Lab. He is also the vice-president of UNL's Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers student chapter. He had an internship at Johnson Space Center working on systems for crewed space crafts, and hopes to earn a doctorate and conduct research in robotic perception and computer vision in either academia or private industry. Find out more ...
- UNL engineers' rocket team competes at NASA student launch
- Rehab device co-developed by MME's Nelson wins da Vinci award
- Sarma's NSF CAREER award helps her debug software development
- Electrical Engineering's Woollam honored by American Physical Society
- Nanomaterials research by MME's Dzenis in Nature: fibres toughen when stretched
- UNL engineering team designs robotic rover for NASA competition
- NSF CAREER award helps MME's Gu reduce stent complications